BACK TO SCHOOL: SOLVING STUBBORN ACNE
School is Back in Session: Learn How to Solve Stubborn Acne and Warts with Revolutionary Treatments from Dermatology Consultants
Now that summer is over (sadly)… kids are back in school, and most of us are home, it is a great time to take care of all of those troubling concerns such as acne and warts. Because the skin is the body’s largest organ, many complaints center around how people feel about these highly visible ailments. Coming in to see your dermatologist at the onset of a skin concern is best so we can head off chronic issues and create a plan that works. The comprehensive assessments and treatment plans at Dermatology Consultants mean that you will receive the expertise of our highly trained providers. Read on to find out how to minimize these troubling skin issues.
Most people have some form of acne in their teens or early adult life. While it’s considered a rite of passage, those red, pimply spots can inhibit socializing and take a real toll on mental health. With image so important in the teenage years, finding solutions that work to clear skin can bring a major boost of confidence. Even if you no longer experience annoying zits or pimples, you may bear the signs of acne with deep pitting and scarring. Dealing with acne at its onset is wise to prevent future breakouts and develop healthy skin habits. As Atlanta’s leading acne experts, we address acne from a medical and aesthetic perspective. Dermatology Consultants helps treat patients with acne from a multi-pronged approach. Depending on your type of acne, you may benefit from topical cleansers and creams, and more advanced treatments that include a combination of prescription topical and oral medications, cosmeceuticals, and various aesthetic and laser treatments. Microneedling, lasers, and microdermabrasion can help smooth out the top layer of skin, breaking down scar tissue and uneven skin. Retinols and retinoids will also help to slough off surface skin, prevent recurrent acne, and stimulate collagen. As a bonus, you’ll be preventing fine lines and wrinkles!
Below are some of the most effective treatments that go along with a well-rounded approach to combatting acne:
AviClear: Introducing to Metro Atlanta and Covington locations! This first revolutionary laser treatment approach uses innovative wavelength technology to directly target sebaceous glands and reduce the active oil gland production. By using the power of light, it targets and limits these glands to eliminate acne without downtime or potential further need for prescription medications.
All it takes is three in office treatments on monthly basis with minimal downtime, to clear breakouts while preventing new ones from occurring. It also helps to cool the skin on contact for an optimal patient experience. FDA approved specifically for acne, the technology helps clear breakouts while preventing new ones.
AGNES: This high precision radio frequency treatment is delivered under local anesthesia to address active sebacous glands and eliminate sources of possible acne cyst formation. It is also used to correct a wide range of cosmetic skin concerns— texture, enlarged pores, sagging skin, wrinkles and scars.
Hydrafacial with Clarifying Serum: Hydrafacials are good for any skin type and due to the benefits of combined hydro-dermabrasion, extractions and serum infusion, it is especially beneficial for acne prone skin. The clarifying booster serum option soothes irritated skin while infusing salicylic acid to treat acne breakouts.
Intraceutical Facial: This treatment uses hyperbaric oxygen in a relaxing facial to clear oil build-up and congested pores while providing a calming effect to acne damaged skin. Our dermatology consultant technicians can easily administer this option for your acne condition.
- Isolaz Skin Rejuvenation Therapy: Congested pores make acne stick around long after your face is “clean”. This unique treatment uses suction and laser technology to clear up breakouts. A vacuuming wand removes dirt and debris from pores before a blue light destroys residual acne-causing bacteria to prevent future breakouts.
- LED Light Therapy: Light emitting diodes (LED) light therapy is helpful for a multitude of skin issues. Light therapy gently uses the power of light to correct active acne while reducing scarring from previous outbreaks. No matter your age or level of acne issues, there is a light therapy treatment for you. Discuss the best plan with your provider to enjoy clear, glowing skin.
- Frozen C Treatment: Frozen C is an effective no-downtime cryogenic treatment drops your skin temperature to quickly kill bacteria both on and beneath the skin. This improves the appearance of acne by reducing the associated redness and inflammation. It also treats the root cause of acne by shrinking pores and sebaceous glands. Because it’s a quick fix, this is the perfect treatment for those annoying pop-up pimples before an event or social gathering.
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels are not as scary as they sound. Your experienced provider will cleanse your face before applying a solution of gently exfoliating acids to the skin. This sloughs off dead skin cleans pores and encourages the growth of new skin cells. We recommend regular treatments to prevent acne from recurring.
- VI Peel: Named by the Vitality Institute, the VI Peel exfoliates the skin with a variety of acids to regenerate proteins and reveal clearer skin. For those troubled with chronic acne, the VI Peel will help reduce oil production and inflammation, kill bacteria, and unclog pores. Besides acne, it also helps with fine lines and sun spots.
- PRX Peel: This treatment benefits all skin types and has no downtime other than light skin flaking. In addition to acne, PRX T33 is also beneficial for texture changes, scarring, crepey skin and stretch marks. This non-peeling “peel” will reduce inflammation in the skin’s epidermis, minimize the appearance of pores, increase hydration, and help with acne scarring. For optimal results, a four-week treatment plan is ideal. Your take-home kit will include a moisturizer and glycolic acid so you can keep up the results on your own.
- Fractional Laser Resurfacing: These focal lasers allow your technician to target pesky spots that won’t go away, such as acne scars The lasers effectively resurface the skin to promote natural healing processes, which also helps active acne breakouts.
- BBL: BroadBand Light uses photothermal technology, to gently heats the upper layers of the skin, activating cell regeneration and shedding years of damage, such as that from acne — often after just one treatment.
- MOXI™: MOXI is a skin revitalizing procedure that repairs skin delivering non-ablative fractionated laser energy to improve skin tone and texture. Also helpful for hyperpigmentation and sun spots, it is especially helpful in helping acne damaged skin. Taking less than 30 minutes, MOXI™ is safe for all skin types with little to no downtime.
- PDT: Photodynamic therapy (PDT) treatment uses drugs with photosensitizing agents combined with light to target and kill precancerous lesions as well as acne bacteria. The active agents work once they have been activated or “turned on” by the specialized light tool. This treatment targets active acne, improves acne scarring, and shrinks sebaceous glands so acne is deterred over time.
You’re not an ogre or dirty if you have a wart. These annoying, hard bumps can crop up on anyone because the virus that causes them is so common and easily spread. Warts may be a nuisance, but they are harmless. We usually see more cases after the summer because of people walking barefoot in public areas like pools, decks, and sidewalks. Caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV), warts are spread from person to person or by touching affected areas. The virus then enters the bloodstream through open cuts or wounds, eventually producing a wart. While they eventually may go away on their own, most people choose to remove them with home topical treatments or by visiting their dermatologist. Home treatments can be ineffective or take a long time, while your dermatologist can treat warts with more immediate results. It’s a good idea to cover cuts and scrapes to prevent the virus from entering the body.
Your provider can easily take care of warts with topical medication, freezing them with liquid nitrogen, injecting medication, or through CellFX, a patented Nano-Pulse Stimulation™ that has been found incredibly effective with quick response, fewer treatments, and little to no recurrence. CellFX is a great choice for a busy teen or anyone that doesn’t have time for repeated treatments. Available at both locations, Dermatology Consultants was the first commercial account in the US and the only regional practice to offer this cutting-edge treatment for warts. If you’re troubled with warts that have been difficult to clear, CellFX is for you.
To prevent warts, don’t share towels, razors, or nail clippers, and always wear flip-flops in public showers, locker rooms, and pool areas.
Make your skin the best it can be by taking charge of any annoying skin concerns with our team of experienced providers. From the teenage years to beyond, we believe that healthy skin is beautiful skin. Don’t let your self-confidence be affected by your skin concerns. We’ve seen what works best for acne and warts, and are ready to help you find a solution to achieve the skin you desire. Visit Dermatology Consultants to schedule an appointment with one of our providers.